Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Calvary Christian Academy

When my original babysitter quit in December of last year I had originally wanted to put Brian into a dayschool program. Dayschool is a mix between daycare and preschool. It operates full days and year-round like a daycare, but is geared toward teaching children the skills they need in order to succeed later in life (especially in school). I searched and searched and prayed and prayed for a place that I felt good putting Brian in. This is a BIG decision to me. Wherever Brian goes will help shape him into the child he will be later in life. A Christian program was a must for Jason and me. Teaching Brian about Christ is one of our duties as parents. What better way to back up our beliefs than to incorporate them into Brian's learning environment?

I came across this one school called Calvary Christian Academy. It is a private school that begins accepting children at 18 months and continues all the way up to 12th grade. It is a fully accredited Texas school and the prices weren't outrageous. I was discouraged by the fact that Brian wouldn't be able to go until the end of March (March 30), but excited at the prospect of him attending this school.

We hired a babysitter/nanny who comes to our apartment everyday to watch Brian until he can go to "school". I called CCA and had Brian placed on the waiting list because the class was full for this school year. The more I prayed about this school, the better I felt about it and the more I felt it was where God was leading me to place Brian. I scheduled an appointment to meet with the director of the lower shcool and went in. That cemented it! It was everything I wanted. I loved the directer, I loved tha campus, I loved everything they told me about their ideas and philosphies on teaching and on Christ. It was a perfect fit. The only problem was that we were number 26 on a waiting list that almost never moved.

Fast forward to February. Calvery Christian Academy was now holding open enrollment for the 2009/2010 school year. I scheduled an appointment for Jason and I to meet with the director again (you have to have a meeting with her before placing a child in order for them to make sure you believe in Christ and the basic Christian ideals). Jason and I met with her and Jason felt the same way about the school as I did the first time I went. We were both so sure that this was where Brian is supossed to be that we paid our first weeks tuition in order to secure Brian a seat in the class! I am so excited! Brian will start school in August.

I am very excited and feel that this is the path God wants for us, but at the same time I am very nervous and scared. Right now my biggest fear is just leaving him. (See previous post about going to the nursery at church). I am also nervous that he hasn't been socialized enough to get along well with others. My mom is worried that he is going to become mean and aggressive because of the other children. I worry about him getting enough rest during the day and being tired all the time. I worry about not getting to see him nearly as much as before (but I will be "working" next semester so I won't have the time either). It's just a lot of changes. At least I have some time.

No comments: