Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blue's Clues

Brian's new obsession is the TV show "Blue's Clues". He asks to watch it at least 5 times a day (we only let him watch 1 hour of TV a day). If I would let him (I almost never do), he would sit and watch a full hour (2 episodes) without getting bored or distracted - that's how much he loves it. He knows all the songs and even the hand motions they use. We let him watch it one morning because he woke up early and it was on Noggin (the only channel we let him watch). I didn't know it at the time, but he was falling in love. The next day when he woke up in the morning he said "Blue's Clues" and even made the same hand motions that they make on the show when they say "Blue's Clues". I was pretty impressed. He has gotten to the point now that he will say all the words with the host such as "A clue!" and "Notebook!". It's pretty cute. I bought him a few VHS tapes of "Blue's Clues" for really cheap and we also have some episodes of it on our 'on demand' TV. I think he has seen all of them 10 times each, I know I have.

On another note related to TV... One of my new favorite things is getting up in the morning and Brian snuggling with me while he watches "Blue's Clues". It's 30 minutes in the day when he is still and snuggly. He isn't a very lovey-dovey kind of boy, but lately he would much rather be in my lap watching TV than just sitting next to me. He will even grab my arms and wrap them around himself (so cute!). Sometimes he will pat my leg or rub my arms while we are watching TV. I love it. On rare days that I am home during the week when he goes down for a nap we will usually do the same thing before nap-time (to wind down). My two new favorite times of the day.

No comments: