Friday, October 10, 2008

One Year Doctor's Visit

So we went to see the doctor on Wednesday for Brian's One Year Old visit. The doctor said that everything looked great and that Brian seemed to be ahead of the curve developmentally.

Brian weighed in at just under 21 pounds (20 lbs and 14 ounces). That put him in the 20% for his weight. His height was measured at 30.5 inches which puts him between 50% and 75%. Who would have thought he was tall and skinny?

The doctor reported that Brian's heart murmur was still present and she even felt that it had gotten louder. Most likely this means that the hole has gotten smaller. (A smaller hole creates more turbulent blood flow which presents as a louder murmur.) We never got around to going back to the cardiologist because of insurance problems, but we should be able to go before Brian turns 2 (we have to be on this insurance a year before we are covered). Anyway, it's nothing to be concerned about at the moment.

Brian got three immunizations and they had to draw his blood too to check for anemia and lead levels. He was a trooper. Cried his little heart out during the shots, but was fine as soon as everything was finished and I picked him up. We have to go back in a few weeks to get three more immunizations and we also need to get his flu shot done too. I hate doing all this to him, but I would much rather put him through this now than have him get really sick later.

Wednesday evening (after his horrible day of torture), Jason and I took Brian to a new park I found by my school. He had a blast and we got a few cute pictures I will try and post later.

I am also working on getting pictures posted from Brian's birthday party. I am also trying to get out Thank-You cards. It has been a long week with an exam and quite a few quizzes.

We are all going to go to the Fort Worth Air Show this weekend and also try to go to the Texas State Fair. I will try and get pictures posted from that too as soon as I can.

No comments: