Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brian's First Haircut

So on Saturday we took Brian to get his first haircut. I didn't want to get it cut and wasn't ready to see all those cute curls go, but I couldn't win the fight with Jason any longer. He didn't want Brian to look girly and thought that he was reaching that point (especially with all the curls).


We took him to the barber that has been cutting Jason's hair since he was a baby. From the very get go Brian was weary of the whole situation. Even while we were in the lobby awaiting our turn Brian was uncharacteristically snuggly and clingy. As soon as we sat him in the chair the tears started and they didn't stop until he was firmly in my arms again. He cried his poor little head off the whole entire time.


I felt bad for the haircutter cause he seemed a little stressed and I know he was rushing to try and get done. Brian did sit still the whole time, he just also cried the whole time. The haircutter (Sabino) was very patient and did as good as could be expected for the situation.

I wasn't so sad to see the curls gone because he is still cute as a button, but the finished product turned out pretty awful in my opinion. The front is totally uneven and there are some chucks out of the top and back. Its look terrible, but it will grow out and it doesn't bother me enough to make Brian go through the stress/trauma again so soon. Here are some finished pictures (it's hard to see ho uneven it is because it is styled).




Here is the slideshow of all the pictures in case you would like to look at them

No comments: