Wednesday, September 26, 2007

39 Weeks and Counting

So another doctors visit and another disappointing report. There are still no significant changes in my cervix which means we are still playing the waiting game. It is not looking like he will be coming out anytime soon, but we can always hope. I go back next Wednesday for another check (thats 2 days past my due date). The absolute latest he will come is October 16 (she will induce me on or before then if he doesn't come on his own). So it will go like this (assuming I don't go into labor on my own): get checked on Wednesday (Oct. 3). If no changes, then I will get checked on Monday Oct. 8 and have a non-stress test done to make sure the baby isn't in distress. If all looks good, then I will come back on Thursday Oct. 11 for another check and another non-stress test. If all looks good, then we induce on Monday or Tuesday Oct. 15 or 16. If my cervix begins to dilate at all on its own before that time, then we will most likely schedule an induction. So that means that if I go in on Wednesday next week and I am a centimeter dilated she will induce me the next day (most likely). Lets all hope for that....

I am so ready to be done being pregnant. I have really enjoyed it for the most part, but now it is just annoying. Everyone told me I would reach a point when I felt like I was done and I didn't think I would, but I have. I am swollen all over and can't feel my hands for most of the day. I can't sleep at night. I pee all the time. I can't concentrate. I can't breathe. I get heartburn all the time. He doesn't really move anymore which was fun for me. I can't bend over. And I can never get comfortable. I am ready to start getting my normal body back, but even more than that, I am ready to meet my son! I want to hold him and hug him and kiss him. I want to see what he looks like and hear what he sounds like and see what his personality is like. Will he look like me or like Jason? I am ready to watch how amazing of a dad Jason is going to be. I am tired of waiting for him! I want him here! I am ready to start giving him all of my love. My journey has been so long, and yet it is just beginning...

No comments: